Thursday, January 22, 2009

Garfield+/-Garfield

As you can see we haven’t blogged for awhile. A blog is like planting a tree. In its earliest stages the likelihood of it dying is highest due to neglect whether it be from lack of water or a tendency to forget about it completely. I have about thirty minutes until my next class so blogging will be a good use of my time.

Today in my comic books and rhetoric class (a comic books class?! Yes, that’s right) my teacher showed us the site www.garfieldminusgarfield.net

As quoted on the site its purpose is “dedicated to removing Garfield from the Garfield comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle.”


This gave me the idea, what if instead of subtracting Garfield from the cartoon, one added Garfield. And by Garfield I mean James A. Garfield, the 20th president of the United States!


I really need to go to class now. This post wasn't really about music, was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment